Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Adult - a poem

When I was little,
I saw an adult;
a sibling of a family friend.

That adult spoke well,
and dressed well in the 90s.
But normally talked about in a small and naive city.

I went to a big city;
went to college,
went to law school, took the bar and worked.

Now at 25, I went home for Christmas.
I slept in the airport.
When I woke up, I saw the adult from childhood.

The adult still dresses well.
The adult never grew older;
In fact the adult looks 10 years younger.

Yesterday, I joined a race.
As I walked past runners,
I saw the adult, dressed well for sports and in top shape.

Today, I checked the results.
The adult's age is 41; timed well in the race.
I couldn't believe the coincidence after more than a decade.

The adult ages with grace and beauty;
The adult's sight gives me good ecstacy.

PP

February 8, 2010; 6:17PM

Warning:  This poem is the intellectual property of the author.  Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution is prohibited. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment