Monday, August 29, 2011

On the brink - a poem

Trying to amuse myself today is turning into futility.
I am overwhelmed by agitation, anxiety and disgust.
Things I should not worry about;
But I still do.

In the intriguing affairs I have come to realize;
That the object of my affection is still.
While it does not move backward;
Progress is likewise nil.

Two weeks is indeed two years.
Even so I give a spark of hope.
Communication ignites
Only when I initiate.

By this weekend's past I should know halfway
I need to be strong and live by my conviction.
This is not the time to be fickle.
Although temptation tempts.

Next week could show me more flowers in the meadow;
It could mean closure and therefore moving on.
But certainly it should not give me limbo.
I insist for light at the end of the tunnel.

I long to love and be loved.
No regrets. Just love.

PP

30 August 2011

Warning:  This poem is the intellectual property of the author.  Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution is prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment