Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Friendshipwrecked - a poem

I have never hidden my true skin.
That, you owe to me.
Call me blunt, plastic or mean;
I accede and I don't intend to change.

Friendships I thought have been forged in hard stone
crumbled as I crushed them with my bare hands.
You caused the blossoming flower to wither.
I refuse to believe otherwise.

The hi's and hello's were in truth empty;
And those lengthy conversations and moments spent
never for an instance touched my soul.
For a panel of glass has always kept us apart.

And just as you have been distant from me, as I have been to you;
the cage I'm in, I realized I never really knew.
So with the deepest gratitude, I am telling you,
you gave me the reality that I have always feared.

Please don't say I didn't try;
I gave my best and that you can't deny.

PP
12/12/11

Warning:  This poem is the intellectual property of the author.  Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution is prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment