Sunday, May 29, 2011

Love has ceased to inspire me - a poem

Love has ceased to inspire me.
It commenced with a year full of promise;
perhaps because of the many thorns
that seem to prick me.

To plan all things eventful;
To teach at the height of recession;
To flirt and be crazy about touch;
To travel from the watchmaker's embrace to the midwest where winds gush.

What about the time when I couldn't take the distance?
Or the time when phone calls never seem to end?
Or when I was one of the few good things the year has given?
I realized they're just a figment of my imagination.

But love or the possibility of love is only coated and blind
when the spirits are high and way up
in the sky, un-dampened, seemingly full
of colorful kites and warm breeze.

Then the thunderstorm appears
to sweep and clear up the bright blue sky.
The mind can likewise very well think:
no clouds of doubt or cobwebs to confound.

That is when it hits me with a quiet but hurtful stab;
That love has died, and so did life.

PP
4/25/11 10:10am

Warning:  This poem is the intellectual property of the author.  Unauthorized reproduction and/or distribution is prohibited. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment